Dr. Z works closely with several associates expert in acupuncture and herbal medicine, and massage and energy work to provide a holistic approach for obtaining and maintaining optimal health. These associates form the core of the more extensive Pacific Wellness Center of practitioners, all located in the same physical facility.
Zandra Rolón Amato, DC, QME
Chiropractic and Sports Medicine
Dr. Amato is a fully accredited Doctor of Chiropractic, a Qualified Medical Examiner (QME) certified by the California Division of Workers’ Compensation, and a holistic wellness consultant. Additionally, Dr. Z is a university-level lecturer on the human anatomy.
- Graduate of the Southern California College of Chiropractic with formal training from Cleveland Chiropractic College in Los Angeles — Doctorate of Chiropractic Degree (1989)
- Board Certified Doctor of Chiropractic by the National and California Chiropractic Board of Examiners
- Advanced Proficiency Rated Doctor in The Activator Method (1990)
- Industrial Disability Evaluator, Palmer College of Chiropractic West (2002)
- Qualified Medical Evaluator appointed by the State of California Department of Industrial Relations Division of Worker’s Compensation Medical Unit (2002)
- CranioSacral Therapy through The Upledger Institute
- McKenzie Method — physical rehabilitation for the treatment of lower back and neck injuries
- National Certified Marathon Walk Coach — Team In Training/The Leukemia-Lymphoma Society
Beth Dorsey, LAc
Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine
Beth Dorsey, is a licensed
acupuncturist and herbalist in the State of California as well as a National Diplomat of Oriental
Medicine. She specializes in fertility, endocrinology, pre- and post-natal care, and women’s health. Beth
earned her Masters in Traditional Chinese Medicine from Five Branches University in 2006 and furthered her
studies in gynecology at Zheng Jiang Hospital, a renowned teaching University in Hangzhou,
Beth is truly passionate about her work and has dedicated herself to empowering and treating couples who wish to conceive. Beth Dorsey is one of the few acupuncturists in Santa Cruz that is a fellow of the American Board of Reproductive Medicine, ABORM. She is also a member of the NorCal Fertility group, a collaborative group of acupuncturists specializing in reproductive medicine.
In addition to women’s health, Beth treats acute and chronic pain, internal medicine, stress and anxiety, and allergy elimination (NAET). In her treatments, Beth designs comprehensive treatment plans that fully integrates many modalities such as, diagnostic testing, functional medicine, nutrition and lifestyle counseling, and massage therapy to provide you the best care.